Instructions Following Botox
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection (you may lie in a reclined position, just do not lay flat).
- Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1 hour after injection.
- Do not wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you have had injections between the brows or in the forehead.
- Refrain from aerobic exercise that increases your heart rate greatly (running, swimming, bicycling, etc…) for 24 hours following injections. Walking or other low impact forms of exercise are fine.
- Do not massage or manipulate injected areas for 24 hours after injections. Washing your face and applying make-up is fine. Please avoid using a Clarisonic facial cleanser, having a facial, putting your face in a massage cradle, or being face down in a chiropractor’s chair for 24 hours following the injection.
- Refrain from using ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements, or vitamin E for 24 hours following injection.
- If bruising appears, apply ice to area for 15 minutes every hour to decrease bruising.
- The most common side effect is headache with Botox injections. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Botox will gradually take effect over 7-10 days with optimum result at 2 weeks. If this is your first Botox injection, we recommend scheduling a follow up appointment 2 weeks after your injection.